You belong, you are worthy, and you deserve it.
More now than ever I find myself being placed in uncomfortable environments. Environments very different from my norm. Environments where I am often the youngest and the darkest. Environments where I am the only representative for so many.
If you're not careful you will start to believe fear. Fear's voice is loud and clear. I can hear it screaming, "you don't belong, you can't do it, and you're not smart enough."Don't let fear have you question what you know to be true. Don't let it weight down on you. Silence fear with confidence. Take a minute, ground yourself. Find your voice. Have courage. Believe. Represent!
Represent in your classrooms, at your workplaces, churches, and professional networks. Show up! Check fear at the door. You belong.
I belong and I hope you know you do as well!
Signed,
Pieces of Me
No comments:
Post a Comment