Mama, Mama you know I love you
Mama, Mama you're the queen of my heart
Your love is like tears from the stars
Mama I just want you to know lovin' you is like food to my soul!
Mama, Mama you're the queen of my heart
Your love is like tears from the stars
Mama I just want you to know lovin' you is like food to my soul!
-Boys II Men
I don't think you ever really get over the death of a loved one. You just try not to think about it as much. The late Mona B. Denis. She's been on my mind now more than ever... I guess its because I am still struggling trying to find out what's in store for me in this thing called life. What I would pay to sit down and chat it up with her right now. Only God knows!
One of the things that hurts me the most surrounding her death is that she did not get a chance to see at least one of us graduate from high school, much less college. It's not until you're older that you realize the sacrifices that your parents made for you. In my case my mother made tremendous sacrifices for my sisters and I. She was active in youth activities, she was a PTA mom, she didn't play about us completing homework assignments and making only A's and B's. She instilled in us a value for higher education. My mother taught us that becoming educated wasn't an option but a must and an opportunity like none other. I wish she could see us now. So we could say, look mom, WE did it!
Graduations are hard for me, seeing how excited parents are for their child's accomplishments. Don't get me wrong, my sisters and I have tons of supporters and fans. Hmm, I think we should start a fan/support club. Thank you friends and families for being such a support system! You all rock! But, the look of a proud parent, even if its not mine, makes my heart smile. To know you've made your parent's proud has to be an awesome feeling. Further, to hear them say they are proud of you is... no words to express.
Sooo.. for some time now my sisters and I have discussed starting a scholoarship fund in honor of my late mother. For the past three years it has been on my heart to contribute to graduating high school seniors at my church in some way. While it may not be on the scale or level that I dreamt of it to be, its a start.
![]() |
| My Late Mother and Beautiful Sisters <3 |
I encourage you all to pay it forward also. Plant a seed, empower someone younger than yourself, and make the sacrifice. You will never regret it. Blessings!
![]() |
| SYC 2012 Graduate Dinner |
Mona B. Denis the most generous woman ever, your memory lives on!
Signed, My mother's daughter ♥
Pieces of Me


This is really nice. You have done a tremendous job with the youth at your church
ReplyDeleteContinue to do so. You are greatly appreciated. I know if your Mon were here right now she'll be smiling at the great things you've done and achieved. Keep your head up. God bless. :)