Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The List: 9 Down, 21 to Go!

Hi Friends! Just wanted to update you all on my progress. People thought I was playing when I came up with the list. If you didn't know already, now you know that I mean BUSINESS!


Below are the things that I have crossed off the list already or that will be crossed off by December. Nine in Total, I am proud of myself... ROUND OF APPLAUSE, BRAVO!
  • Start Scholarship Fund in honor of the Late Mona B. Denis.
    • Have granted two laptops to 2 deserving students from my church
    • Took 15 Students out for a Graduation Celebration Dinner
  • Get a promotion
    • Got a raise ya'll! God is amazing :)
  • Learn to speak conversational Spanish and french
    • Registered for a Spanish course... Starts in two weeks
  • Learn to swim and go Snorkeling, Jet-Skiing, and Para-Sailing.
    • Registered for a swimming course... Starts in two weeks
  • Cook/Bake 30 New Meals
    • I have made the following:
      • Stuffed Chicken breast with Spinach and Feta Cheese
      • Asparagus wrapped in turkey bacon
      • Rosemary Roasted Chicken
      • Sweet  Potato Fries 
  • Enjoy the Arts: Museums, Galleries, Theatres, Concerts, Gardens: Essence Music Festival (New Orleans), Art Bazzle (Miami), Wine and Food Festival (Miami), Japanese Garden, just to name a few.
    • Kings Men Concert- This Sunday
  • Mail a card to someone different every month telling them how much they mean to me (family and close friends).
    • I have mailed 5 Cards already. The responses are overwhelming. It feels good to make someone's day :)
  • Receive and Demand Love at the Level that I give it and Take Risks with Love... LOVE, ENGAGEMENT, MARRIAGE
    • I am making demands ya'll. Blogging about it soon :)
  • Read 30 New Books
    • I have read:
      • The Help
      • Fifty Shades of Grey
      • Fifty Shades Darker
      • Fifty Freed
Still have a few remaining:
  1. Family trip to Haiti.
  2. Travel to Europe, Africa, and more Islands of the Caribbean
  3. Take a Mission Trip
  4. Learn 30 New Hymns
  5. Memorize 30 New Scriptures
  6. Write a will.
  7. Run a marathon, I repeat RUN
  8. Go on a Cross-Country- All American Road Trip: to include camping (yes camping, thinking grand canyon) and resorts (California)
  9. Invest, buy stock
  10. Go apple everything. I have an I-Phone, just need an I-PAD and a mac book.
  11. Buy my first home (townhouse).
  12. Romantic Hot Air balloon with champagne date
  13. Register and take a Ballroom dancing class.
  14. Move to a new city: Maryland, Atlanta, Houston, or another city in Florida.
  15. Ride a motorcycle (moped doesn't count).
  16. Attend the Kentucky Derby wearing a Huge Hat.
  17. Go vegetarian for a month.
  18. Garden: Grow my own herbs, fruits, and veggie (small scale).
  19. Master a 5-Course Gourmet Meal
  20. Learn to drive a manual car (stick shift).
  21. Extravagant 30th Birthday Party (MTV's Sweet 16 doesn't have nothing on me, ohh except money: operation marry a millionaire is in full affect).
Pursuit of Happyness :)

Signed,
Santra D.
These are the Pieces of Me




No comments:

Post a Comment