Wednesday, September 26, 2012

That's MY First Lady... Mrs. Michelle Obama

First Lady Michelle Obama is the TRUTH! I have always been moved by intelligent, well-mannered, well-spoken, powerhouse women. They speak to my spirit and soul. First, Mona Denis (ask about her), Madeline Albright and then Oprah Winfrey. Now, the latest and greatest, First Lady Michelle Obama. 

First Lady Michelle Obama represented for Black Women everywhere at the Democratic National Convention. In a world where we tend to value everything except the things that matter the most; In a world where the images of black women often makes us want to crawl into a hole and never come out (THANK YOU NIKKI MINAJ); In a world where black families are categorized as dysfunctional and black relationships are based on nothing but the physical and sexual... First Lady Michelle Obama you are a breath of fresh air! You give us something to look forward to.  You inspire us to dream big and to NEVER, EVER, EVER settle for less. I salute you Mrs. Obama! Thank you for being an example for ALL the young ladies around the world. You are Beautiful (inside and out), Intelligent, Well-Spoken, Well-Dressed, and Classy. I read your bio and am automatically re-focused, re-energized, and re-dedicated to becoming the best Santra Denis that I can be.

President Obama, I salute you as well. I salute you Mr. President for not just choosing to marry a woman with a pretty face and nice body (Mrs. Obama looks great). Instead, you took the high road and married a woman with integrity, who would love you, (even when your dreams were just a seed and you had nothing to your name) stand by you, support you, and represent you well. I too dream of being and becoming an example to women everywhere. I pray that I will always have integrity and a character that does not waiver. I hope to continue to fight for the rights of people everywhere in some form or fashion. I hope to marry someone who will be my better half.  I hope to marry someone who will believe and invest in me as much as I believe and invest in them. I hope to marry someone who I could share my hopes and dreams with and that would support me and stand with me despite the obstacles. Thank you First Lady Michelle Obama,  I AM EMPOWERED! 

Move over Oprah... When I grow up I want to be First Lady Michelle Obama!



Signed,
Santra Denis
Pieces of Me

No comments:

Post a Comment