February 2013 was good to me, like really good. February Festivities: I did say that I would celebrate my 28th Birthday throughout the 28 Days in February and in 28 Ways right? Well, that's exactly what I did! I won't bore you all with the entire month, but I felt my birthday weekend/month was everything I could ever ask for.
I kick-offed the month with lunch with my co-worker at Beers and Burgers in Miami Beach and later that evening I had dinner with some of my closest friends/family at Village Tavern. The next day, my actual birthday, I took a personal day. I woke up early early early to catch the sunrise, did my devotion, thought about my parents (bittersweet), gave thanks and was off to The Shops at Pembroke Gardens. I love, love, love the Shops at Pembroke Gardens. You haven't had a spa day until you have had a spa day at Cold Water Creek Spa, I did a half spa day including a full body massage, facial, foot soak, etc. I felt good ya'll. I did a little shopping (Girls just wanna have fun right) followed by lunch at Stir Crazy. If you haven't been, check it out, awesome Asian inspired food. I ended the day at one of my favorite places to be in the entire world, the beach. I walked the strip, read, took in the view, and just had some me time. Great Birthday!
The Weekend: My girlfriends treated me to a Weekend Road trip to Orlando. I love love love them. The hotel was fabulous. Islands of Adventure was a blast, definitely got on the Hulk and screamed my lungs out . We found our new favorite brunch spot, First Watch. Lastly, we made it rain with napkins and danced on tables at a Mediterranean restaurant Tavern Opa. Did I mention, I did not pay for a thing. Thank you so much my loves :)
A few other mentionables...
Superbowl Sunday at BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse, Brunch at Yardbird Miami and shopping at Lincoln Road, Valentine's Day at Soyka (xoxo), Road trip to see my sisters, brothers in law, nephew, and my nursing student Renae with the ladies: Day and Angie, Kayaking, camping, flowers, shoes in my favorite colors, got introduced to the Heart Healer mix-tape (I've been changed) and I FINISHED MY VISION BOARD!!! It was a great month.
I kick-offed the month with lunch with my co-worker at Beers and Burgers in Miami Beach and later that evening I had dinner with some of my closest friends/family at Village Tavern. The next day, my actual birthday, I took a personal day. I woke up early early early to catch the sunrise, did my devotion, thought about my parents (bittersweet), gave thanks and was off to The Shops at Pembroke Gardens. I love, love, love the Shops at Pembroke Gardens. You haven't had a spa day until you have had a spa day at Cold Water Creek Spa, I did a half spa day including a full body massage, facial, foot soak, etc. I felt good ya'll. I did a little shopping (Girls just wanna have fun right) followed by lunch at Stir Crazy. If you haven't been, check it out, awesome Asian inspired food. I ended the day at one of my favorite places to be in the entire world, the beach. I walked the strip, read, took in the view, and just had some me time. Great Birthday!
The Weekend: My girlfriends treated me to a Weekend Road trip to Orlando. I love love love them. The hotel was fabulous. Islands of Adventure was a blast, definitely got on the Hulk and screamed my lungs out . We found our new favorite brunch spot, First Watch. Lastly, we made it rain with napkins and danced on tables at a Mediterranean restaurant Tavern Opa. Did I mention, I did not pay for a thing. Thank you so much my loves :)
A few other mentionables...
Superbowl Sunday at BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse, Brunch at Yardbird Miami and shopping at Lincoln Road, Valentine's Day at Soyka (xoxo), Road trip to see my sisters, brothers in law, nephew, and my nursing student Renae with the ladies: Day and Angie, Kayaking, camping, flowers, shoes in my favorite colors, got introduced to the Heart Healer mix-tape (I've been changed) and I FINISHED MY VISION BOARD!!! It was a great month.
Food for Thought: Never convince yourself that you're alone in life. I tend to do this. Recently I have chosen and will continue to choose to magnify the good and to pay less attention to the bad in my life. I choose happiness, joy, and most of all I choose love. I am surrounded by many blessings that come in form of friends and family. I can honestly say with all my heart and soul that I am loved, accepted,and appreciated. Sometimes we allow the fact that we are not loved by the ones we WANT to be loved by in the ways we WANT to be loved to diminish the fact that we are loved by the people we NEED to be loved by in the ways we NEED it the most and that love is sufficient.Thanks for loving me and thanks for helping me celebrate.
Signed,
-Pieces of Me

No comments:
Post a Comment