Friday, May 25, 2012

Disgusted and Relieved


Disgusted and Relieved 
  • I am so disgusted right now. I think I've been disgusted for a while but today is the day I release, facebook therapy. Its a shame how vain we have become. So I was on facebook last night and one of my kids (youth group) posted a before and after picture of himself and basically he asked people to tell him which picture they like better. In the after picture, he lost a good amount of weight, shoot I must admit he looks good :) But the comments are repulsive and quite indicative of how stupid/shallow we have become and how we don't value what really counts, I am sick to my stomach.
  • Maybe it's a sensitive topic for me. I have never been really skinny and honestly I don't ever want to be. I just want to be healthy and live a long, active life. Isn't that what we all want. So yes I will admit,  I should be and need to be in better shape. I am a work in progress. I have had men say, your weight is the only issue. Not a problem. You don't like big girls, I don't like pigs, guess we're on the same page. (Yes, pressure on my chest). It's a wonder why people are dying taking weight loss pills and spending millions of dollars on weight loss surgery. Teenage girls are starving themselves at record highs.
  • What I do know is that I am beautiful (YES I AM), loyal, a ride or die, educated, and mostly God fearing. I cook, I clean, I even watch a little sports, SHOOT IM A DIME! Don't get me wrong, we all are entitled to our preferences, what we're attracted to and what we're not. I love me some brown skin pretty boys! Clean cut- nicely dressed!!! But I love even more someone who is for me what I am for them: loyal, a ride or die, educated, and mostly God fearing even if he's not a Brown-skinned, nicely-dressed pretty boy (Shamar Moore, Boris Kodjoe, Morris Chestnut). 
  • Life happens: loose weight today, gain it tomorrow, young today, old tomorrow, fine today, tragic tomorrow. Cancer happens, and women have to get their breast cut off and their hair fall off. Gravity happens, and those thunder tighs become more like jello and those DD's hit your knees, that six-pack is more like a one pack. Stress happens: your face wrinkles and creases. Pregnacy happens: strech marks galor. Accidents happen: 3rd degree burns all over your body, paralyzed on one side of your body. This is life! What happens when life shows up?
  • Musiq Soulchild: I'll Love u when ur turns hair turns grey, I still love u if u gain a little weight, the way I feel for you ain't never gonna change...... The answer is yes, I'll still think you're beautiful, Cause I'm more attracted to what's inside of you, You don't have to guess, The answer is yes. If they don't like you, appreciate you, want you, love you, now, flaws and all, do yourself a huge favor and chuck up the deuces.  Ultimately, your character matters the most, it's the only thing that stands the test of time. Their lost not yours :)
  • PS. $30 Gym Membership, $500 Shopping spree after you've lost the weight, $1000 their reaction when you've found someone who loves and appreciate you for you..... The look on their face when they've realized what they've lost, #PRICELESS
Relieved!!! Show some love people, everyone deserves a little :)


1 comment:

  1. I really like this. I'm trying to lose weight. If they didn't like me when I was bigger. They shouldn't like me when I'm smaller. Its the same me just a few pounds lighter. Keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete