Cause I am a Superwoman, Yes I am, Yes she is. Even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest, With an S on my chest.
Oh yes, I'm a Superwoman!
OR MAYBE NOT...
I can hear my inner self screaming, "Santra, don't be dumb. The same people that you sacrifice your time, your energy, and yourself for will easily say NO to you and go missing when you need them the most." One of the worst feeling in the world is when you would drop everything you're doing to help someone out, but when you just need a shoulder to lean on or someone to talk to in the wee hours of the morning no one is available, they are busy, they have other commitments, They are just comfortable saying No! Not a sob story, just a reality check!
This is no way an attempt to be self-fish. I don't believe I have a self-fish bone in me, especially when it comes to my family and close friends. I would cross the ocean for them (shh, don't tell them). Rather, its an attempt to set realistic expectations on what is and what is not possible. I am not Superwoman, I am not a machine. I am a human being. I cannot do it all even though I try. I read this excerpt in a book and it spoke volumes to me...
"Saying NO is perhaps the single most empowering thing you can do take control of your time and your life, and it is essential if you're going to move your priorities to where they should be and keep them there."If we do not consciously establish and intentionally pursue what's important and make it our priority, then we forfeit our power to make wise decisions, and we allow our actions to be dictated by others or even by circumstances."
I'm about to ruffle some feathers, don't take it personal.
I am not saying No to YOU, I am saying Yes TO ME!
Not going to be a supporting actress in my own life, I refuse.
I am going to live my best life, no regrets, no excuses, no should've, could've, would've.
I am TAKING BACK MY LIFE!
I leave you with this...

Karen White says it so well....
ReplyDelete"I'm not your superwoman
I'm not the kind of girl that you can let down
And think that everything's okay, boy, I am only human
This girl needs more than occasional hugs
As a token of love from you to me"
It's bout that time to add NO to your vocabulary and practicing using it.
Indeed, thanks for reading. More to come my dear :)
Delete