Thursday, July 19, 2012

The GRE of Life: Moving Forward

I absolutely love music. To be honest, I kind of believe that I can sing and I am some undiscovered artist, the next Yolanda Adams (HI HATERS). My genre of choice is definitely Gospel and Contemporary Christian followed by R&B, pray for me saints.  I listen to music in the car, in the shower, at work, at home, while cleaning, when in a good mood, when I'm feeling down, you name it. Music speaks volumes to my soul. Whoever invented Pandora deserves a Nobel Peace Prize, seriously!

My song for the year has been Israel Haughton: Moving Forward. This song gives me life. It speaks of the area in my life that I find the most challenging. In the spirit of transparency, I have to admit that I find it quite difficult to be decisive, especially in my personal/professional life.
What to do, what to do?
On a small scale, I never know what I want to eat when I go out to dinner with my friends, It's so bad that I've gotten into the habit of reviewing the menu prior to visiting the restaurant so that I won't hold up their orders. That's not so bad right? Well, on a larger scale, I don't know if I want to stay in Fort Lauderdale or move further North? I love public health, but do I give up this crazy non-profit world that I have come to love (a sister has got to get paid)? Should I rent or should I buy? Should I love him or should I hate him (ok not really hate)? Should I remain silent or should I speak my mind? I go through these list of questions in my head every single day. Did I mention I am an over analyzer? So the questions and possible solutions/consequences are on repeat mode in my mind constantly. I swear I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place and its been like this for the past year or so.

At the root of the issue is that I believe we have many decisions to make in this life with many options to choose from. The secret of winning in this game called life is the ability to make the best choice, kind of like a multiple choice test. More like the SAT/GRE, the SAT/GRE of Life. Right about now, I'm not feeling like any of the options are doing me real justice, I want better/sexier/clearer options but I can't just leave the question blank and time is of the essence. At the end of the day I don't want to just make a decision, I want to make the best decision that's in line with God's will for my life. I don't have time to be spending 40 years in the dessert (Israelites) because I made the wrong choice. Mercy Lord!

READY TO MOVE FORWARD...
I had a really bad day yesterday. After having a stressful day at work I sat in my car for over in hour asking myself what the heck am I doing with my life. Don't get me wrong, I am blessed beyond words can describe. I have the world's best family, friends, and church family.  I am extremely grateful but I want and deserve so much more. I am ready for the next level of awesomeness. I have been sort of a punk, playing a supporting actress in my life, when I need to have the lead role. I am ready to start crossing things off that 30 Before 30 List.

Step 1: Move into my own place hopefully in the next week or so. Not ready to buy, don't want to be tied down. Renting, not the best decision, but it's the right decision for now... Will you all help me move? Oh so fabulous house warming party coming soon... Let's go 2012!

You make all things new,
Yes, you make all things new
And I will follow You FORWARD
-Israel Haugton

4 comments:

  1. Hate him for what?????????????? God is a pillar of cloud in our lives, and will always be there to guide us in the right path....................Hope you follow through on renting, you been needed your own place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate, lol, not literally.I been needed my own place, wanna go half on rent with me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say..... recognizing that you are indecisive is the first step.lol.I felt like I was reading my own group of thoughts as I read your words.(wow) Get out my mind. I look forward to reading more. Great!

    ReplyDelete