So my childhood bestie tagged me on a link to the 30WriteNow challenge. It's basically a challenge to write (blog in my case) every day of the month of October. I'm a little behind so I am writing two tonight to catch up. The Day one prompt for the #30WriteNow October writing challenge is... COURAGE. Ironic...
The truth is that I'm a punk and have always been. This world scares me with all of it's uncertainties. The fact that you can go to undergraduate and graduate school, take out thousands of dollars worth of loans and be left without a career of some sort and no type of guaranteed success is scary. Even scarier, is the fact that you can invest everything that you have (your heart, your time, your life) into a relationship/friendship and end up with nothing to show for it.
Question: How do people do it? How do people risk it all, knowing that they may just loose it all? I am guilty of charge; I am guilty of playing it safe. I am not a gambler and I don't like taking chances.
Bottom Line... I lack Courage.
I leave you with a quote from the Wizard of Oz's courage-less lion:
"What makes a king out of a slave? Courage! What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage! What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage! What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot? What have they got that I ain't got? Courage!"

No comments:
Post a Comment