Love, that 4 letter word. But oh, it's so much more.
I was having lunch with one of my guy friends. I asked him, was his girlfriend ok with us being friends and having lunch? He said yes because we never had any sexual relations. I laughed at him and said when will we learn that the emotional, spiritual, mental connection is the deepest connection you can ever have with someone. At least to me.
My concept of love has always been kind of tainted. I'm sure it's because when the one's whom God has placed on this earth to instill love in you, show you what true love is, and love you the way that he (God) loves you leave the earth and leave you to fiend for yourself... You become a little guarded, you make tons of mistakes, you learn early lessons, and you ultimately love smart!
I have trained my heart and mind to make the things that should matter matter the most, count more than other things. I know that when it comes to love I can not afford to waiver on the following:
1. A man that is God-fearing
2. Dependable
3. Supportive
4. Hardworking
5. Thoughtful and Considerate
Hence, I've never ever been the girl who sees a guy and is instantly head over heels. I don't care too much for surface relationships. I fall in love with people's heart and soul. It sounds cliche, but it's the truth.
This world can be a cold place. It hardens loving hearts. If you're not careful it can make you bitter. It tells you to love and value things that are temporary and disregard the people and things that should be the most important. I rebuke all of the aforementioned. I believe in true love and have witnessed real life love stories.
I've been heartbroken, I've been taken advantage of but I refuse to fail the same test twice.
I love hard, a blessing and a curse... In the past few years it's been more a curse than a blessing, I guess the third time's a charm, right?
L.O.V.E = LOVE

so true i couldn't have said it better myself
ReplyDeletei love to read random blogs i couldn't help but read yours and wonder if your friend even told his gf that he was having lunch with you.... not saying that you had bad intentions, just that men are never as forthcoming with that type of info.
ReplyDelete