Now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen... At least that's the definition that I use... thus saith the Lord.
I wholeheartedly believe that in order to have faith in something or someone you must be able to trust them. Trust has always been hard for me because I question motives, always have and probably always will. I have met some shady, selfish people. Yea, I've met some Judas'. Faith in humans, heck no. They let down and they disappoint.
Additionally, to trust you have to be ok with and willing to accept uncertainty. I absolutely hate uncertainty! I secretly wish my life would and could go as I plan for it to go or at least I wish God would give me visions of what's next. I must admit that I am a bit of a control freak. I like things my way. I like things in a certain order. I am a planner and an organizer. I have a plan A, B, C, and D for almost every situation. I just don't get those free spirited people that will go backpacking in a foreign country, or quit their jobs without having one lined up for them. Craziness!
Faith, I have struggled with this aspect of Christianity all my life.
...Faith, the size of a mustard seed says the good old book.
He is faithful, always was, always is, and always will be! And because he is, I must learn to be.
I wholeheartedly believe that in order to have faith in something or someone you must be able to trust them. Trust has always been hard for me because I question motives, always have and probably always will. I have met some shady, selfish people. Yea, I've met some Judas'. Faith in humans, heck no. They let down and they disappoint.
Additionally, to trust you have to be ok with and willing to accept uncertainty. I absolutely hate uncertainty! I secretly wish my life would and could go as I plan for it to go or at least I wish God would give me visions of what's next. I must admit that I am a bit of a control freak. I like things my way. I like things in a certain order. I am a planner and an organizer. I have a plan A, B, C, and D for almost every situation. I just don't get those free spirited people that will go backpacking in a foreign country, or quit their jobs without having one lined up for them. Craziness!
Faith, I have struggled with this aspect of Christianity all my life.
...Faith, the size of a mustard seed says the good old book.
He is faithful, always was, always is, and always will be! And because he is, I must learn to be.

No comments:
Post a Comment