The First thought that comes to mind is My Sisters and I. We defied every odd... WE ARE RESILIENT! Next thought, my Haitian ancestry. Not too long ago a friend of mine and I were discussing Haiti and he said, "Haitians don't have anything to be proud of." I didn't respond but I was disappointed and maybe even a little insulted. To me, it was like him saying that Africans have nothing to be proud of. He couldn't be more wrong. If we are not living the rich and glamorous life it's only because half of our income goes to support family members in Haiti. We have a rich history and we are a force to be reckoned with. Haitian people are the hardest working group of people I know (Yes, I am bias)! I stand on the shoulders of giants, my Haitian ancestors are the original revolutionaries. They dared to believe that they shouldn't live in bondage and slavery but instead they should be a free nation. Haitian people are the epitome of Resilience. Haiti, the Pearl of the Caribbean, will rise again.
To all my readers who have had some type of setback, barrier, and/or roadblock in this life... Have the courage and tenacity to Bounce back, Tough it out, and Beat the odds. There's absolutely nothing like a comeback victory.
To all my readers who have had some type of setback, barrier, and/or roadblock in this life... Have the courage and tenacity to Bounce back, Tough it out, and Beat the odds. There's absolutely nothing like a comeback victory.
RESILIENCE
No comments:
Post a Comment